Expanding Access to Primary Health Care: Safety Net Request for Proposals for Free and Charitable Clinics
The Expanding Access to Primary Health Care: Safety Net Request for Proposals for Free and Charitable Clinics RFP submission process is now closed.
Expanding Access to Primary Health Care:
Safety Net Request for Proposals for Free and Charitable Clinics
Healthcare Georgia Foundation announces its interest in receiving proposals from nonprofit health organizations that provide health services to uninsured and underinsured Georgians at little or no cost and rely substantially on volunteer health care professionals to provide these services. The Foundation’s intent with this funding opportunity is to build upon prior funding efforts to ensure that clinics can appropriately respond to the growing volume of patients seen as a result of the downturn in the economy, address gaps to individuals accessing quality health care, and assist clinics to move toward becoming a consistent source of health care (medical home) for individuals in their communities.
For more information, contact: Andrea Young Kellum, Program Officer, 404-653-0990
Online Application/Proposal Deadline: December 9, 2010
The purpose of the Foundation’s Safety Net funding strategy for 2011 is: 1) to provide grants directly to clinics for direct service provision in order to expand primary and preventive care to uninsured Georgians, and 2) to strengthen clinics’ organizational and evaluation capacity to create sustainable and viable organizations.
The Foundation’s goal is to assist clinics to accomplish the following:
- Improve the structure, delivery and financing of health care services;
- Implement approaches to expand access to health care and improve the quality and/or efficiency of services provided;
- Implement best practice approaches to become a consistent source of care for patients (medical home);
- Develop and strengthen partnerships to coordinate services with other providers (i.e. specialty providers, dental, pharmaceutical); and
- Build organizational capacity and evaluation expertise through training and technical assistance.
Proposal Budget Form (XLS)
Staff and Board List (DOC)
Pre-Application Webinar Archive: http://techbridge.na5.acrobat.com/p27325705/
Evaluation Techical Assistance Webinar Archive: http://techbridge.na5.acrobat.com/p69775346/