RFP Announcement: Georgia Childhood Asthma Management Program
Georgia Childhood Asthma Management Program
Healthcare Georgia Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of its statewide Georgia Childhood Asthma Management Program. This is a multi-year program designed to improve the delivery of comprehensive and integrated health services for Georgia’s children and adolescents living with asthma. The Foundation’s commitment to increasing access to affordable, high quality, evidence-based asthma programs and services is consistent with our mission and efforts to improve health and health care for all Georgians.
Click here to view the Pre-application Conference Call Summary
Deadline for Letters of Inquiry: October 14, 2008 (4:00 pm)
The Foundation goals are to support organizations that:
- Improve asthma self-management among children.
- Improve access and quality of health services for children with asthma.
- Increase asthma awareness and knowledge among children with asthma, their parents/caregivers, and the general public.
- Support new or existing community partnerships and/or coalitions which implement and sustain comprehensive, integrated, and community-wide strategies.
- Reduce the prevalence of environmental triggers associated with the effective management of asthma.
- Reduce disparities in childhood asthma outcomes.
The enclosed Request for Proposals describes the rationale and funding opportunity in more detail. There will be two stages of the application process. The first involves submission of a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to the Foundation. Prior to the LOI deadline, there will be a pre-application conference call held to clarify questions about the program. Your completed LOI should be submitted to the Foundation by October 14, 2008. Those applicants whose LOIs best reflect the intent of our efforts and address program goals and objectives will be invited to submit a full proposal on October 29, 2008. At that time, guidelines for submitting a full proposal will be disseminated. The deadline for the full proposal is January 14, 2009.
The Foundation enthusiastically welcomes your participation in this grant program. Please share this announcement with other nonprofit organizations that may be interested in applying for support related to this program and funding announcement.