Call for Sessions: Connections 2014: Addressing Healthcare Access, Cost and Quality in Georgia
Connections 2014 is Healthcare Georgia Foundation's signature event, and will be the sixth convening of grantees, partners and community leaders. The theme of this year's conference is "Addressing Healthcare Access, Cost and Quality in Georgia". The conference will be held at the InterContinental Buckhead, Atlanta, April 22-23, 2014, and will showcase and advance the work of the Foundation's grantees and build upon the success of the five previous conferences. Connections 2014 aims to strengthen nonprofit health organizations by convening 250-275 attendees to: 1) promote networking and a learning community; 2) provide Georgia-based nonprofits with opportunities for technical assistance, improving skills and building organizational and program capacity; and 3) share experiences and accomplishments by featuring exemplary work by grantees.
THE FOUNDATION WILL BE ACCEPTING PROPOSALS RELATED TO THE THEME OF THE CONFERENCE FROM ORGANIZATIONS LOCATED IN GEORGIA. Topics of interest have been identified and include, but are not limited to those listed below. Sessions will be approximately 60 minutes in duration, including Q & A. Similar submissions may be combined into a panel discussion. Those selected will be notified by the end of February 2014. Please note that all conference-related expenses are the responsibility of the presenter, if selected.
• Integrated Care
• Distance Learning/Health IT/Technology
• Medicaid Expansion/ACA Implementation
• Healthcare Workforce
• Health Policy
• Childhood Obesity
• Infant Mortality
• Creating Collaborations/Partnerships
• Evaluation (Results and Outcomes)
• Access to Primary Healthcare
CRITERIA FOR PROPOSALS - Priority will be given to proposals that meet the following criteria:
• Fits with the theme of the conference
• Has a health-related/social service focus
• Demonstrates innovation and utlilizes evidence-based practices
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSALS:
• What new information will be provided by this topic?
• Why is this topic important?
• Who is the target audience?
• What will the audience learn?
To submit a proposal, please complete the following form and submit the following form to firstname.lastname@example.org BY JANUARY 10, 2014.